The National Power Electronics Conference (NPEC) provides a platform for exchange of ideas, information and expertise amongst the power electronics community of India. It provides a) the power electronics exposition, b) tutorials, c) presentations of peer reviewed papers and invited articles, and d) a venue to network with fellow power electronics professionals and researchers. First NPEC was held at IIT Bombay in 2003, with an aim to set up a platform for power electronics professional community to share, network and to address the nationwide needs of the sector. Since then the event has grown in leaps and bounds. The National Power Electronics Conference, 2017 (NPEC-17) will be the 8th event of this biennial series, and will be held at College of Engineering, Pune (COEP), India during 18th to 20th December 2017.
The theme of NPEC 2017 is “Power Electronics for Efficient Conversion, Storage and Utilization of Energy”.
The College of Engineering Pune, an autonomous institute of Government of Maharashtra, has a glorious history of 163 years, and is the third oldest engineering institution of the India. Pune has always been at the forefront of the Country’s social and economic progress from the times of the Great Maratha Empire. It is the cultural capital of Maharashtra and also known as IT/Auto/Education hub. The climate in Pune is at its zenith in the month of December. The theme of NPEC 2017 is “Power Electronics for Efficient Conversion, Storage and Utilization of Energy”.
Authors are invited to submit the full paper (Maximum 6 pages) for peer review as “PDF” conforming to IEEE conference paper format. All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. It is expected that submission spells out the purpose of work, novelty or advances in the art and results obtained with their significance. The accepted and presented papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEEXplore Digital Library. The website (www.npec2017.com), and portal for submission are open now. You are requested to visit the website and register prior to submission of the papers. The papers are invited on, but not limited to the following topics:
Power Devices, Components and Power Converters
- Power Devices, Components and Magnetic Materials.
- AC-DC, DC-DC converters, topologies.
- Modeling, Control and System Integration.
- Embedded AC-DC Power Supplies, Voltage Regulator.
- Hard and Soft Switching, EMI/EMC issues.
Motor Drives and Inverters
- AC, DC, BLDC Drives, Reluctance Machine Drives.
- Single/Multiphase, Two level/Multi level Inverters.
- Advanced Control of Drives.
- Design, Optimization & Condition Monitoring of Electrical Machines.
- Actuators, Sensors, Integration.
Power Electronics for Utility Interface and Renewable Energy
- Power Quality conditioners, HVDC Converters & Control.
- Distributed Energy Systems, Energy Storage Systems.
- Wind and Solar PV systems, Fuel Cells.
- Grid Tied Systems, Bidirectional Power Converters.
- Vehicle Power Electronic Circuits and Systems.
- Power Electronics for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
- Power Electronics for Autonomous Vehicles, Aerospace.
- Charging Systems.
- Lighting, UPS, Heating and Welding, Pulsed Power.
- Transportation, Communication, & Medical.
- Defense & Military, Portable Power, Energy Harvesting.
- AC-DC-AC and Matrix Converters.